"Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal."-- Yves Saint Laurent

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bittersweet Feelings



While attending Intermezzo last week, I stumbled upon Dogeared jewels and gifts. Dogeared is filled with lovely jewelry, but most important, the California-based company loves to spread positive energy into the world with personal and positive gifts.

After interviewing the sales rep, she offered me a super cute ‘make a wish necklace’. She told me if I wanted to bring love and magic into my life, (something we ALL need) all I have to do is make a wish when I put on the necklace, and when the necklace wears off, my wish is ready to come true!

So naturally as soon my foot hit my apartment door, I ran into the bathroom and put on my new BFF. I’m so happy to have this little guy, but I must say when it falls off (it will, it’s made of tobacco silk thread), I’m going to be rather disappointed. Buuuut, there’s a part of me that just wants to rip it off so my secret wish can come true…now!

What do you think about make-a-wish necklaces and bracelets? Do they work? Are they making fashion statements?

No comments: