"Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal."-- Yves Saint Laurent

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Getting Clean and Being Seen

When most people think of high-fashion, fabric softner doesn’t usually come to mind; in fact, whenever I need to wash my nice pieces, I either A.) head straight for the dry cleaners or B.) haphazardly hand wash my goodies in Soak. But, after attending Downy and GenArt’s event that showcased Downy’s new Radiance Collection, I am now a bonifide believer of softener!

But more importantly, last night’s event at Earth (116A 10th Ave.) was super sexy as it highlighted thee designers (Laura Miller, Jerry Tam and Khary Septh) that will create looks inspired by the Radiance Collection’s scents of amethyst mist, turquoise frost, or pink opal. And as a special introduction, attendees got to view a runway show filled with the designers pre-existing designs.

And of course I was there with my camera in tow trying to get the hottest pictures for you guys, but naturally my camera died as soon as the show started. But, here’s an idea of all the hype…

No comments: