"Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal."-- Yves Saint Laurent

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Definition of Style

Sugarplums, today officially kicks off Day One of Coterie! And for those of you who have no idea, for me ENK tradeshows can be more exciting that NY Fashion Week because it’s more intimate and its comprised of both established names and the young avant garde’s of fashion.

This year, Coterie is held at The Show Piers and the Javits Center, so you know what that means: jumping from one building to the next in the bitter, bitter cold. But anything for my loves. Here’s a tidbit from today…

Remember that lovely shoe company I ran into at the Gen Art event in December (refer to Dec. 5 posting) Well, Dru New York was in the house again and this year there fall styles are supper sophisticated. Sadly, I wasn’t able to snag a pair—or two—but she was gracious enough to let me linger in her booth and ogle over her shoes. My favorite: the flat boot in black, that’s complete with a front lace-up and zippered back.

Don’t you agree that a woman can never have enough Rag and Bone shirts and sweaters to complete her classic work wear look? I mean, there’s nothing better than a black wool tailcoat coupled with a white chamberlain shirt and a black twill RBW8 pant. Rag and Bone simply screams classic chic, so when I caught a glimpse of their booth, you know I ran over quick fast and in a hurry. According to the spokesperson, inspirations for the coming seasons include: pretty, military and futuristic.


Other favorites from the show included:

1. Foot Petals, the original designer shoe cushions that are designed for every woman who has a love/hate relationship with her shoes. So now women everywhere can step in style with flower-shaped ball-of-foot cushions that hide perfectly under your foot. Brilliant!

2. Cyrus. This knitwear company has tons of sweaters for every types of woman, but I love their new silk wool blend styles that are super soft and even come with removable sleeves. It’s not listed on their website yet, because the style is for the upcoming season, but look out for style # 53881, it surpassed all my expectations.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ENK shows are very nice, and I love Rag and Bone even more.